Ottawa, ON K1P5J3
Government and Military
DND SENIOR ENGINEER SUPPORT SERVICES TO DIRECTOR LAND REQUIREMENTS (DLR)
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Start date: TBD
Security clearance: Secret (Level II)
Introduction to DareHR
For over 21 years, the professionals at Dare Human Resources Corporation deliver a complete suite of Integrated Human Capital Management (HCM) Services to meet the needs of our various public and private sector clients. DareHR is a rapidly growing firm providing a full range of Engineering, Project Management, IT Infrastructure & Systems, Software Development & Support and other related specialized services. To learn more, please visit our website at www.darehr.com.
The overall scope of the work is to provide support to the requirements definition, development and validation of the TAC2IS and TACOMS components of LCSS LE.
Specific services required
The Contractor is to provide system engineering services including the following:
- Development of Capital project documentation and plans. The contractor will provide engineering advice and guidance in the preparation of the following capital project documents and plans for command support related projects within DLR:
- Options Analysis, Definition and Implementation - Assist the Project Director (PD) in the production, review and collation for Command Support related capital projects in support of the Options Analysis, Definition and Implementation work, with specific inputs on:
- Identifying and evaluating the effectiveness of new technologies and concepts during Option Analysis and definition portions of projects. This will include identifying ability for identified technologies to satisfy operational requirements and the technical risks associated with adopting these technologies;
- Identifying, quantifying and validating technical risks elements of a project for the Project Profile and Risk Assessment (PPRA);
- Statement of Operational Requirement (SOR);
- Planning and Conduct of technical Trials; and
- Planning and conduct of options analysis/feasibility studies for new and emerging technologies.
- Synopsis Sheets
- Assist in the compilation, collation and review of all relevant technical information for the SS (ID), SS (PPA) and SS (EPA);
- Statement of Operational Requirement (SOR)
- Compile, review and collate technically relevant information for the SOR;
- Prepare an objective analysis and recommendations on the definition of the technical parameters to be incorporated in the SOR;
- Obtain input from the relevant stakeholders on the validity of the content of the technical elements in the draft SOR; and
- Plan and prepare technical trials, evaluations and experiments to develop, confirm and refine the technical specifications in the SOR;
- Assist Project Management staff in understanding the technical requirements contained in the SOR and answer technical queries related to these specifications.
- Project Definition and Implementation Plans
- Draft and/or provide input to the development of engineering test plans to validate TAC2IS and TACOMS components of the LCSS;
- Plan and conduct technical and engineering validation exercise of LCSS;
- Review ongoing implementation of projects to ensure that existing and proposed technical standards are properly implemented; and
- Provide technical and engineering support to Joint Application Development sessions in the support of TAC2IS and TACOMS requirements elicitation.
- Senior Review Board (SRB) Presentations
- Assist the PD in the production, review, collation and presentation of all relevant technical information in support of any and all presentations (e.g. SRB, Army Council, Combat Development Board, Joint Capability Review Board, Program Management Board and Treasury Board).
- Project Linkage Coordination
- Assist the PD in maintaining accurate project coordination with all linked capital projects, minor requirement projects and doctrine and training developments. This will include, but not be limited to, attendance and participation in various project design reviews, implementation reviews and concept development meetings. These duties may, from time to time, include the preparation and presentation of project update briefings and preliminary planning requirements documents. Assist the PD in maintaining project data in the Capability Initiatives Database;
- Review and analyse technical standards used to implement TAC2IS and TACOMS projects and other linked capital projects to ensure all products maintain technical compatibility and interoperability.
- Other related engineering and project management duties required to support the DLR projects.
- Conduct technical coordination with LCSS PM and engineering staff to ensure:
- Technical standards implemented in LCSS are consistent with CF and Army level mandated standards;
- Ensure that technical evolutions of the current LCSS baseline are documented from a requirements basis and migrated into future LCSS releases; and
- There is a clear upgrade path that allows system level migration from the current in-service LCSS baseline to future LCSS baselines that supports ongoing operations.
- Work with LCSS PM and engineering staff and field force command support capability development staff to identify new technologies and concepts that can be implemented in the LCSS baseline to improve operational capabilities.
- LCSS Evolution
- Remain current on all aspects of the evolution and development of the LCSS, both in terms of technical and operational terms, in order to ensure that the LCSS remains relevant;
- Review Unsatisfacory Condition Reports (UCRs) and Technical Failure Reports generated by operational users to determine if the technical requirements for the LCSS need to be updated to reflect evolving user needs; and
- As required support the continued evolution and development of the LCSS in order to support operational requirements
How to Apply
Please submit your resume ASAP in word format only to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this contract.