Ottawa, ON K1P5J3
Government and Military
|DND - JUNIOR ENGINEER
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Start date: TBD
Security clearance: Secret (Level II)
Introduction to DareHR
For over 21 years, the professionals at Dare Human Resources Corporation deliver a complete suite of Integrated Human Capital Management (HCM) Services to meet the needs of our various public and private sector clients. DareHR is a rapidly growing firm providing a full range of Engineering, Project Management, IT Infrastructure & Systems, Software Development & Support and other related specialized services. To learn more, please visit our website at www.darehr.com.
The Contractor personnel will provide engineering/technical support, project management/coordination services and expert advice in support of the BALE program.
Specific services required. Contractor personnel shall perform services that will include the following:
- Provide Avionics technical specialist support to the BALE project;
- Provide project management support for the project, focusing on the optimization of cost, schedules, technical performance, and standards compliance;
- Research and evaluate Design Changes for avionics certification;
- Provide specialist input in the development of the Basis of Certification (BoC) in support of Design Change and Certification;
- Evaluate contract technical documents for compliance with requirements, review, comment upon and provide recommendations for technical documentation and reports provided by external agencies;
- Conduct Findings of Compliance where assignments of authority have been granted;
- Track and report management issues ie: project status, general issues, prepare
- Technical Notes, identify risks, problems and their disposition, and prepare lessons learned;
- Participate in the development of test plans, monitor ongoing activities and provide technical advice to the TA for engineering/operational test and evaluation activities, clearance process, airworthiness certification activities;
- Investigating and determining equipment sparing level requirements for the existing CC115 avionics equipment using Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS) and Aircraft
- Maintenance Management Information System (AMMIS) data;
- Reviewing and evaluating avionics equipment Repair and Overhaul (R&O) requirements for both existing and replacement items;
- Reviewing and evaluating Repairable Material Requests (RMR) and recommending disposition;
- Reviewing and evaluating material/equipment specifications, Engineering ChangeProposals (ECPs), and Material Change Notices (MCN);
- Reviewing and recommending updates to Canadian Forces Publication (CFP) 137 descriptions for assigned stock classes;
- Reviewing disposal certificates and making appropriate recommendations;
Identifying and recommending disposal of spare parts, tools, test equipment, etc., advising on disposition of time expired items and obsolete Canadian Forces Technical Orders (CFTO) and Technical Publications;
- Reviewing and providing recommendations for updating CFTO and operating manuals;
- Preparing Aerospace Modification Approval Forms (AMAF) and associated modification leaflet, draft specifications and purchase descriptions, draft statements of work for the procurement of equipment;
- Investigating Unsatisfactory Condition Reports (UCR) and Pre-Installation Failure (PIF) reports and recommending corrective action;
- Preparing and reviewing cataloguing requests;
- Responding to requests from Field Units and R&O contractors for assistance in overcoming technical problems;
- Preparing Second and Third Line repair facility tasking directives for prototype and draft modifications, evaluating technical viability of repair and test schemes;
- Drafting Trial Directives required to task agencies such as the Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment (AETE), Aerospace and Telecommunications Engineering Support Squadron (ATESS) and Quality Engineering Test Establishment (QETE), and reviewing plans and reports;
- Participate in project related working groups, progress or technical review meetings, and accompany the TA or his representative on visits to contractor’s facilities, engineering units and Canadian Forces bases/units;
- Maintain project files;
- Perform other engineering functions related to those above.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume ASAP in word format only to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this contract.